Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Agility training...

Me and Jonni have now two training sessions in agility behind us. All has gone more than well. Jonni has been very excited and he is much faster now in the course. AND he allowes more sideway distance between me and him while he is jumping. He used to be a "velcro"-dog but NOT ANYMORE !!! :-) Maybe the training course of Janita Leinonen helped us. She made us work towards more independent work from the dog during the course.
I have entered Jonni to two agility competitions already. My aim is to get those 3 "missing" clear rounds as soon as possible. When we get them we have no pressure to compete much. I CAN but I don't have to !!! I can do other things and/or concentrate on training. I have also entered both dogs to a Group 5 show in Tuusniemi, about 70 kms from us. I am doing these smaller shows so I can let Bella get used to indoor shows before she has to go to a bigger one. She has only done one indoor show here in Finland. If she had any in Sweden I am not sure. She has grown somewhat during these past few months and she looks good now ! I am hoping she has gained enough confidence to be able to show herself to her best in shows. I am not expecting her to be a show star but I AM aiming for the CH title... One day perhaps !?

No comments: